Peace Apostolic Church Re-opening and COVID-19 Guidelines
Praise the Lord Saints, Friends, and Guests
Peace Apostolic Church will resume in-person worship service on Sunday, March 13, 2022 at 12pm. We want to reopen in a responsible way that demonstrates our love and care for one another by reducing the risk of transmission of the virus and infection as much as we can, especially to those in our congregation who are at high risk of severe COVID-19 complications. We will be implementing evidence-based, best practices and policies that are designed to help everyone in attendance manage their own risk of infection while at the same time allowing us to worship and fellowship together corporately.
It is important that we approach this gathering together with a deep humility towards one another (Ephesians 4:2) and a submissive heart to the authorities God has placed over us for our good (Romans 13:1-4). We earnestly ask each of you to extend grace to one another as we seek to deal with the impact of this endemic on our church, community, and State (Hebrews 4:16).
Our reopening plan will require your help and attention. These precautions are temporary and will be eased as circumstances allow. These practices are adapted from the CDC, State, and the most recent LA County guidelines.
In Los Angeles County because of the continuing spread of COVID-19, there are rules that must be followed to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission. Under the COVID-19 Prevention in Public Settings guidelines from the Los Angeles County Public Health Department, it is noted that establishments and event organizers can make their own rules in addition to the Public Health and city requirements.1 Mask-wearing, however, will continue to be “strongly recommended,” particularly in crowded settings or while interacting with people at higher risk of severe illness from the virus. The church is a high-risk setting for COVID-19 transmission because we have people in our church that are at greater risk for serious complications from COVID-19, especially the elderly, those with chronic conditions, and even children. Therefore, masking is required, and we are confident and prayerful that these rules will be followed by everyone that comes to Peace Apostolic Church.
While these measures represent an abundance of caution, we are not operating out of a spirit of fear (2 Timothy 1:7). Instead, we are motivated by love and concern for one another and the desire to protect ourselves and especially those among us who are most vulnerable.
When you arrive for worship, here are some things you will need to know:
- Mask Requirement: Despite the CDC and LA County’s lifting of mask mandates, masking will continue to be “REQUIRED“ at Peace Apostolic Church in-person services as we consider our place of worship a high-risk setting and continued masking is consistent with the CDC’s recommendations concerning the virus. Therefore, everyone will be REQUIRED to wear mask while inside the church, regardless of vaccination status. This allows us to continue protecting our most vulnerable saints.
- PLEASE NOTE: There are some people who should not wear a mask, such as children younger than 2, people with certain medical conditions or disabilities, and people who have been told by their doctor not to wear one. Children ages 2 to 8 should wear a mask only when under adult supervision.
- Social Distancing. Worship services will take place in the main sanctuary. Please be respectful of others and maintain a safe distance of 3 feet when greeting one another. While some may be comfortable with a hug or handshake, others may not, and each of us needs to respect the right of individuals to manage their own risk of infection. Until further notice, we will only gather for Sunday morning service. We will resume additional services in person as circumstances permit.
- Remote Access. We will continue to broadcast the morning worship service via the church website, online streaming, Facebook Live, or our YouTube channel. The morning worship service will be posted on the church’s website and all social media platforms. This will allow those who are not able to attend in-person service, to participate in the worship gatherings safely from home if they choose. Sunday School, Wednesday Bible class , Youth Bible Study, and Monday Night Prayer will continue on Zoom .
- Personal Hygiene and Health Screening. Those who are feeling ill with COVID-19 symptoms are asked to stay home and join us virtually until they are better. Even if coughs or sniffles are due to seasonal allergies, please be respectful of others and join us from home. Likewise, please care for others by washing your hands regularly and using one (1) of the many hand sanitizer dispensers located around the church. The dispensers are conveniently located at the entrances to the church and restrooms.
Your help with these guidelines is vitally important to a successful reopening as we seek to maintain a reputation as a church body that is beyond reproach and continue to be a soul-saving station . We don’t want an infectious outbreak to distract from the message of the Gospel. It is our prayer that these temporary precautions will allow us to safely return to regular fellowship for the edification of the body of Christ. If everyone cooperates, we can reopen safely for services to the Glory of God.
In love and unity,
Peace Apostolic Church Administration